We are professional tool manufacturer since 1995. Our brand, Fixman is the leading brand in tool field. FIXMAN focus on professional tools in automotive, construction, industrial, and home use field. At present, FIXMAN registered in 138 countries and areas and sell to 60 countries and areas. We provide a variety product range of over 6,000 items and there are more than 1,000 global network stores that are selling different kinds of FIXMAN Products.
Pliers are hand tools used to clamp and fix processed workpieces or twist, bend, or cut metal wires. The shape of the pliers is V
The shape usually includes three parts: handle, jaw and jaw.
European style (German style): smooth and square, focusing on the function of blessing;
American: It has a mouthful and pays attention to the function of cutting
1. Wire cutters (chrome vanadium steel)
(1) Common specifications: 6 inches, 7 inches and 8 inches
(2) Process: The jaws are quenched and hardened to ensure the cutting and clamping effect; the handle is ergonomic, and the grip is comfortable, and the handle is enlarged.
Friction between hand and hand; CRV steel forging ensures the overall torque and hardness of the pliers
(3) Quality requirements
①Hardness: HRC, Rockwell hardness, a material’s ability to resist penetration by foreign objects; proposed by S.P. Rockwell in 1921.
What comes out is the hardness value of the metal material measured by the Rockwell hardness tester. In short, the higher the hardness, the higher the wear resistance, but
The brittleness is also greater. The maximum hardness does not exceed 60HRC.
Clamp body 42-48 HRC rivet 45-48 HRC cutting edge 54-62 HRC head 44-48HRC
②Grasp the pliers handle tightly, the cutting edge should not have light transmission, the gap between the top of the mouth is less than 0.05mm, and the opening angle of the pliers should not be less than 22°
③Shear test: There should be no jamming phenomenon on the cheeks, and it can cut 1.6mm hard steel wire without chipping and edge chipping.
④There should be no burrs and cracks, no obvious scratches on the surface plating layer, no obvious looseness of the tail rubber sleeve
⑤The electroplating layer should have uniform color and no defects such as pores, missing plating, scorching and delamination. The thickness of the plating layer should not be less than 8um.
⑥Clamping test: A4 paper cannot be easily dropped after clamping
2. Long-nosed pliers: also known as trimmers, flat-nosed pliers, it is composed of a pointed tip, a knife edge and a handle
(1) Classification: ordinary needle-nose pliers, high-end Japanese needle-nose pliers, professional electronic needle-nose pliers, German-style labor-saving needle-nose pliers, high resistance
Pressure needle nose pliers
(2) Function: cutting and clamping function
(3) Common specifications: 6 inches and 8 inches
3. Diagonal cutting plier: Diagonal cutting plier
(1) Jaw hardness: up to 48-60 degrees, strong shearing force, able to cut 0.8mm steel wire.
Available in 45# carbon steel, 55# carbon steel, chrome vanadium steel, etc. The handle has a single-color dipped plastic handle,
Two-color dipped plastic handles, PVC or TPR handles, and a wide variety of handles.
(3) Surface treatment: polishing and electroplating are common, and there are also pearl nickel and blackening treatments.
(4) Purpose: used for cutting metal wire, flat-nose diagonal pliers are suitable for use in recessed working spaces
(5) Common problems: rust; loose rubber sleeve; insufficient hardness; poor electroplating; size problems
(6) Common handles: toad handle, shark handle, single plastic, double plastic
(7) Common specifications: 6 inches and 7.5 inches
(8) Matters needing attention:
A: It is forbidden to perform live work with ordinary pliers; B: When cutting tight steel wire cargo metal, protective measures must be taken to prevent the steel wire from being injured by the cut steel wire.
C: Cannot use pliers as a percussion tool
4. Slip joint pliers
It is used to hold flat or cylindrical metal parts. Its characteristic is that the opening width of the jaws has two adjustment positions, which can be clamped,
For larger parts, the cutting edge can be used to cut the wire
(1) Function: mainly clamping function
(2) Common specifications: 6 inches and 8 inches
(3) Hardness: the jaw hardness is not less than HRC 44 and the clamp shaft is not less than HRC35
(4) Plating layer: no less than 8um (micron)
(5) Shear test: After cutting the low carbon steel wire, the jaws should not have chipping or chipping.
(6) Hardness requirements: Clamp head hardness HRC40-45, ordinary products (45# steel), HRC46-52 high-end products (50CRV)
5. Strong forceps
Mainly used for clamping parts for riveting, welding, grinding and other processing. Its characteristic is that the jaws can be locked and produce a large clamp
Tightening force, so that the clamped parts will not loosen, and the jaws have many adjustment positions for clamping parts of different thicknesses
(1) Classification: Needle-nosed pliers, round-nosed pliers, straight-nose pliers, welding pliers, iron sheet pliers, C type
Power pliers, chain type power pliers
(2) Features: The jaws are integrally forged with chromium vanadium steel, with good toughness; stamped steel handles, the clamping objects are not deformed; hot spots
The adjustment lever is easy to adjust to the best size without deformation; the serrated jaws provide strong clamping.
6. Retaining ring pliers: also called circlip pliers
A special tool for installing inner circlip and outer circlip. It belongs to the category of needle-nose pliers in appearance. The pliers head can adopt inner straight,
(1) Distinguish: Circlip pliers for holes (straight mouth and 90°) are used when the jaws are opened in the normal state.
Normally, the jaws are closed by the shaft
Use circlip pliers (straight mouth and 90°)
(2) Common specifications: 7 inches
7. Water pump pliers: water pump pliers
(1) Purpose: It is used to clamp flat or cylindrical metal parts. Its characteristic is that the opening width of the jaws has multiple gears (three to
Four gears) adjust the position to meet the needs of blessing parts of different sizes, such as automobiles, internal combustion engines, agricultural machinery and chambers.
Tools commonly used in installation and maintenance work such as internal pipes
(2) Material: The clamp body is forged from CRV steel
(3) Hardness test: clamp body 42-48HRC, clamping surface 44-48HRC
(4) Jaw gap: the gap between the jaws should not be greater than 0.25MM, it is best to clamp the A4 paper without falling
Post time: Aug-23-2021